Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NYFW | Day 6

The 6th day of New York Fashion Week on the 12th of February was THE day of Vera Wang and Diesel Black and Gold. Also Badgley Mischaka's collection appeared on the catwalk this day, I decided to tell you guys something about Vera Wang and Diesel. I didn't write about Badgley Mischka. They have amazing dresses, I can't deny that, but I thought their spring and summer collection was more fresh. I know, I know. It's their fall/winter collection, but some things can be a little less brave. Badgley and Mischka have been hailed by Vogue as one of the "Top 10 American Designers", totally deserved in my opinion and I totally understand why people on the red carpet would like to wear their dresses. There were a lot of gorgeous items in their collection, so watch the show here.

So Vera Wang than. The thing about Vera Wang is that she is so refreshing. Every collection is totally different than the last collection. So refreshing is exactly the right word for her collection, although it's the fall and winter collection she's using some different fabrics which makes her collection flawless and wearable. The prints she used aren't annoying, but have exactly the right proportion and colours. I don't know how she does it, year after year, as a lot of other designers  of course, but being a designer is a though and hard working job. 
 

Diesel Black and Gold was black. Really black with a few white items between. I think it's great how they created such a great collection almost all in black. You need to be so creative as hell haha, but how are they doing it? It's amazing! They made such a wonderful collection with a lot, and then I mean a lot, of different material. That's the only thing you can do if you want to turn a mostly black collection into a success. And they definitely succeed. With a collection like this, so wearable and at the same time a bit tomboyish. Well I'm a fan!

No comments: