Wednesday, March 6, 2013

NYFW | Day 4




After day 3 of NYFW there was of course day 4. Day 4 was for me the day of DKNY, Y-3 and Diane von Furstenberg.


 

Donna Karan New York (DKNY) is always a great pleasure to watch. The designers of DKNY are always working with amazing fabrics, nothing looks ever cheap ass. Every time I've watched this show I get excited. It's just simply amazing. They've worked with some leopard prints, leather pieces, long and wide coats (as probably the rest of the NYFW shows) and long dresses. They also used the colourblocking trend with colours as camel, black, blue and white, which turned out to be very wearable. The main idea I get from the show is feminine and wear ability with some wide men pieces, so of course I totally love this show since I adore wide coats and blazers.


 
Diane von Furstenberg is always a pleasure to watch. The models are able to smile instead of normally looking a but grumpy, not that I don't like that, but that just makes this show different and less formal and serious. The show was all about colours, prints, metallics and strong women. The looks were absolutely wonderful and there was one specific looks I adored. The look is a metallic look with a print on a skirt and coat, but at the same time there are some leather pieces on the coat. The blouse underneath the coat is purple metallic. It's just stunning. I would walk away with this look immediately. 

                                  

                                  
Y-3 was all about dark colours. They took fall and winter very serious and probably created therefore a dark collection. This doesn't mean that I didn't liked the show, because I loved it. The looks were very simple and easy to wear, that's the whole idea of the ready to wear collection right? So they did a great job, especially when you're talking about the many timeless items that I saw in the show. I saw a great black bomberjacket that I would love to have, so I got some saving to do. But that's not the only great and timeless piece I spotted. I spotted a great camel/grey trenchcoat, an absolutely stunning item in my opinion.



The photo's are all from mbfashionweek.com

 

1 comment:

Charlotte Smaaksma said...

I look forward to your next posts :)
love your blog!

xoxo