Thursday, February 21, 2013

NYFW | Day 1


Fashion Week fever is already a couple weeks here. It began all with New York Fashion Week (NYFW). After NYFW everyone moved to London Fashion Week (LFW) and after LFW everyone moved over to Milan Fashion Week. After Milan Fashion Week there comes, in my opinion, the most interesting Fashion Week off them all. Paris Fashion Week.

Day one of New York Fashion Week had some interesting shows. The most important shows to look out for were: BCBG MaxAzria and Edun.

BCBG MaxAzria was all about fur, prints and feminine. There were a lot of prints on the skirts, wide long coats and jackets with fur. The wide coats and jackets combined with a skirt with a split in it made a lot of clothes very feminine.BCBG MaxAzria made the looks of this fall and winter not only feminine but they made it feminine with a tough touch. They used caps and as I said before long coats, these were in dark colors which I liked.


   





Edun was for me the second show I looked out for on the first day of New York Fashion Week fall and winter season.
By the show of Edun everything, except for the first piece of the show, was swallowed in dark colors. With a tough and edgy twist the designers of Edun made this show into a suprise for me. When I saw the first four looks of the show I wasn't really impressed, almost a bit disappointed. That didn't took long, because the fifth look was a great look. It mixed toughness, prints and feminine all in one. I would walk away with that look immediately. With bikerjacks, leather gilets, wide blazers, dark colors and prints this was the Edun Fashion Show of this season.

                                 
                                 

No comments: